60s Make Up

turtleneck: vintage via Think Twice - pants: River Island - boots: Sacha


Just a simple, comfortable, warm look I threw together. Reminiscent of the seventies, but then I paired it with this first attempt at a dramatic 60s eye (still obsessing over Megan Draper) and it got all postmodern, muddling history and all. Very Baudrillard. Gosh I'm really annoying.


Anyway, I'm sure going to keep experimenting with this look because it is fierce. I don't know why the emphasized upper lid crease ever went out of style, it's such a cool look! I followed this tutorial but I didn't have the right tools and I wasn't in the mood for fake lashes so the end result is a bit shoddy, but you get the idea. I really like how this make up makes my eyes look simultaneously bigger and more bedroom-y. Party quirky/innocent, part sexy. Yeay!

Also, pink + red forever.


10 comments

  1. i really like the make up! i never do anything interesting with my own makeup, but this has intrigued me!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. would look SO amazing on you, with your pixie hairdo!! DO it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makeup looks so gorgeous here, I love doing mine like this for a night out!! And the stripes and red pants are absolutely perfect on you. I wish I could rock turtlenecks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great, Catherine Deneuve in Belle Du Jour always makes me want those cateyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got the 60s makeup so perfect - I absolutely love it! And the pink shoes are such a dream!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: A Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1960's make-up is the best, (and hard to do.) I yearn for eyes like Baby Jane Holzer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toen ik die schoenen zag bij Sacha dacht ik echt bij wat moet je die begod aandoen... nu weet ik het! :-) hehe

    Jennifer
    The White Studio

    ReplyDelete
  8. ik draag ze echt bij alles! :D roze past bij ALLES EN NIETS :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your clothes!!! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, you look like Katy Perry on the first picture! :)
    love the outfit

    ReplyDelete