Outfits: Wolford Fatal dress and trench coat

outfit: Wolford Fatal dress paired with a dusty rose trench coat

outfit: Wolford Fatal dress paired with a dusty rose trench coat
peace sign necklace, starfish necklace
outfit: dusty rose trench coat, heeled Tamaris sandals
Outfit: Wolford Fatal dress
outfit: Wolford Fatal dress paired with a dusty rose trench coat and heeled sandals
outfit: Wolford Fatal dress paired with a dusty rose trench coat
trench coat: Pimkie - heeled sandals: Tamaris via Zalando - strapless dress: Fatal dress c/o Wolford - starfish necklace: Forever21 - rings, peace sign necklace: Diamanti Per Tutti - watch: c/o Daniel Wellington

I don't think I've ever worn an outfit that is so similar to something Kim Kardashian would wear, and it felt kind of weird to go this ultra-femme, ultra-sensual for once. I have no issue with showing skin, but the only garments I wear that need to be skin tight at all times, are my skinny jeans. The whole slinky dress thing seems to have gone out of style since the late 90s-early 2000s, and it's a look I associate as much with Carrie Bradshaw as with the Kardashians. It's probably because of current fashions leaning more toward loose, boxy designs that I feel slightly uncomfortable if my clothes are clingy, so major respect to Kim K for consistently rocking that look, man. I can't deny that I felt sexy, though (my boyfriend definitely agrees), and pairing the dress with a flowy layer on top in the form of this trench coat made me significantly less self conscious. I would wear this outfit again to go on a date night, for sure!

But that's not the only wear I'll get out of the Wolford Fatal dress: scrunching it up or folding it over also makes it into a really sexy pencil skirt that skims your curves without digging into the hips or restricting your movement - worth it! I wouldn't wear the Fatal dress without scrunching or folding, though. The fabric is just too thin to still be flattering if you wear it as is, unless you layer it over shapewear or something. And I just don't do shapewear because it makes me feel like I can't breathe, so that's out of the question for me.

PS: I just googled, and Kim Kardashian actually wears the Wolford Fatal dress from time to time! I'm feeling a bit star struck now that I know we own the same garment. COOLNESS. See Kim K in the Fatal dress here, here, here, here and here. I also really love this look by Olivia Gold. I'm feeling pretty inspired now, can't wait to try some more ways to style the piece.

No comments