Beauty: Yves Rocher Cherry Oil Lipstick new ss2016 colours

Beauty: Yves Rocher Cherry Oil Lipstick new ss2016 colours

For SS16, Yves Rocher has added a new range of colours to their Sheer Botanical Lipstick line (also called Cherry Oil lipstick), and I received all six new shades in the mail for a full review. Enjoy!

Beauty: Yves Rocher Cherry Oil Lipstick new ss2016 colours
Beauty: Yves Rocher Cherry Oil Lipstick new ss2016 colours

The Yves Rocher Sheer Botanical Lipsticks contain cherry oil to moisturize your lips intensely, they smell delicious (not an artificial, candy like cherry scent, just something sweet and soft), and deliver an easy swipe of sheer, softly glossy colour. They're perfect to throw in your bag for touch-ups during the day if you have dry lips like I do, and because the colour is so sheer, there's no need for precise application or mirrors. At €11.90 they're not super cheap, but for the type of go-to product you use multiple times daily, it's not a bad idea to buy an all-natural lippie that actually pampers your lips, prepping them for those days when you feel like rocking a matte lip.

The range of new shades offers a nice mix of bright, popping colours and softer, muted ones. The packaging is also pretty neat: a sheer, elegantly shaped red tube. Thankfully, the lipstick DOES retract all the way into the silver tube, eliminating the risk of damaging the lipstick when you put the cap back on after using it. The top cap clicks into place and does not seem to fit super securely, but I haven't had the cap come off yet in my purse so it doesn't seem to be a huge problem.

Let's look at the colours.

Beauty: Yves Rocher Cherry Oil Lipstick new ss2016 colours

From left to right: jaune yuzu is a very sheer banana yellow with a gold shimmer, framboise acidulée is a quite pigmented hot pink, corail pop is an orangy coral red, mauve poudre is a muted mauve that reminds me of a cooler version of Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani's Ex-Girlfriend, rouge éclatant is a pigmented, popping cool red, and rose sorbet is a light, sheer cool pink. The Cherry Oil lipsticks have some "pull" when you swipe them on, they don't feel slippery or oily at all, more like a thicker lip balm. This also means that these stay on better than most lipbalm-esque lipsticks, requiring fewer reapplications. On first sight, I was super excited to try jaune yuzu, because I had never tried a yellow lipstick before, and mauve poudre was an immediate favourite as well - I love my dusty mauves. Let's see what they look like on the lips.

Beauty: Yves Rocher Cherry Oil Lipstick new ss2016 colours
Beauty: Yves Rocher Cherry Oil Lipstick new ss2016 colours

As I said, surprisingly, framboise acidulée and rouge éclatant actually give a really nice saturation of colour. Corail pop and mauve tendre as well, to a lesser extent. Rose sorbet and jaune yuzu are more sheer, but those are also the lightest colours in the bunch. Apart from rose sorbet, which is too light for my liking and totally washes me out, I love all of these colours. My clear favourites are corail pop, mauve poudre and jaune yuzu, even though jaune yuzu isn't all that flattering. I just know that it will look gorgeous when I have some (fake) tan during the summer, lending a wash of golden shimmer to my lips. Corail pop and mauve poudre have been in daily use ever since I got them, as they go with virtually every makeup look.

These Cherry Oil lipsticks last at least two to three hours before needing reapplication, which is longer than most glossy, sheer lipsticks I've tried. If you like what you're reading, these are currently marked off 50% online (might also be the case in stores), reducing the price to only €5.95, and they're definitely worth that.

If you're looking for a great product to moisturize your lips with a little added colour, these are really good. I like them better than Yves Rocher's lip crayons I reviewed a while ago because these feel less slippery on the lips, are slightly less pigmented (easier to reapply) and I also kind of prefer the regular lipstick shape.

Which of these shades is your favourite?

No comments